1. Jhonstone MJ. 4th ed. Sydney: Churchill Livingstone Publisher; 2004. Bio Ethics: A Nursing perspective; pp. 120–4.
2. Chitty KK, Beth BP. 5th ed. St Louis: Saunders Elsevier; 2007. Professional nursing concepts and challenge; pp. 522–5.
3. King CA, Broom C. Ethics in perioperative practice-values, integrity, and social policy. AORN J. 2002;76:1047–53.[PubMed]
4. Abaszadeh A, Abedi HA, Sharif F, Ghofrani F. A model of develop and assess of nursing ethical performance. Journal of Teb va Tazkieh. 2001;47:59–66. in Persian.
5. London: Nursing and Midwifery Council of England; 2004. England Nursing and Midwifery Council. The NMC code of professional conduct: Standards for conduct, performance and ethics.
6. Jormsri P, Kunaviktikul W, Ketefian S, Chaowalit A. Moral competence in nursing practice. Nurs Ethics. 2005;12:582–94.[PubMed]
7. Horton K, Tschudin V, Forget A. The value of nursing: A literature review. Nurs Ethics. 2007;14:716–40.[PubMed]
8. Tschudin V. Translated by Baligh N. Tehran: Medical Ethics Research Center; 1994. Ethics in Nursing the Caring relationship; p. 242. in Persian.
9. Shih FJ, Lin YS, Smith MC, Liou YM, Chiang HH, Lee SH, et al. Perspectives on professional values among nurses in Taiwan. J Clin Nurs. 2009;18:1480–9.[PubMed]
10. Verpeet E, Meulenbergs T, Gastmans C. Professional values and norms for nurses in Belgium. Nurs Ethics. 2003;10:654–65.[PubMed]
11. Rassool GH. The crescent and Islam: Healing, nursing and the spiritual dimension. Some considerations towards an understanding of the Islamic perspectives on caring. J Adv Nurs. 2000;32:1476–84.[PubMed]
12. Hamrin E, Potdar N, Anand R. Ethical values in health care: An Indian-Swedish co-operation. Nurs Ethics. 2002;9:439–47.[PubMed]
13. Konishi E, Yahiro M, Nakajima N, Ono M. The Japanese value of harmony and nursing ethics. Nurs Ethics. 2009;16:625–36.[PubMed]
14. Perry B. Core nursing values brought to life through stories. Nurs Stand. 2005;20:41–8.[PubMed]
15. Rassin M. Nurses’ professional and personal values. Nurs Ethics. 2008;15:614–30.[PubMed]
16. Shaw H, Degazon C. Integrating the core professional values of nursing: A profession, not just a career. J Cult Divers. 2008;15:44–50.[PubMed]
17. Centre for Reviews and Dissemination, University of York; 2008. Centre for reviews and dissemination. Systematic Reviews CRD's guidance for undertaking reviews in health care.
18. Naden D, Eriksson K. Understanding the importance of values and moral attitudes in nursing care in preserving human dignity. Nurs Sci Q. 2004;17:86–91.[PubMed]
19. Wros P, Doutrich D, Izumi S. Ethical concerns: Comparison of values from two cultures. Nurs Health Sci. 2004;6:131–40.[PubMed]
20. Pang D, Senaratana W, Kunaviktikul W, Klunklin A, McElmurry B. Nursing values in China: The expectations of registered nurses. Nurs Health Sci. 2009;11:312–7.[PubMed]
21. Mahmoodi Shen G, Alhani F, Ahmadi F, Kazemnejad A. A qualitative study: Ethical thematic in nursing life style. Journal on Medical History and Ethics. 2008;2:63–78. in Persian.
22. Macmillan SS. MSN Thesis. University Microfilms International, Florida: Florida Atlantic University; 1994. Nursing values as the basis for practice of graduate students in nursing; p. 75.
23. Fahrenwald NL, Bassett SD, Tschetter L, Carson PP, White L, Winterboer VJ. Teaching core nursing values. J Prof Nurs. 2005;21:46–51.[PubMed]
24. Rchaidia L, Dierckx de Casterle B, De Blaeser L, Gastmans C. Cancer patients’ perceptions of the good nurse: A literature review. Nurs Ethics. 2009;16:528–42.[PubMed]
25. Tarlier DS. Beyond caring: The moral and ethical bases of responsive nurse-patient relationships. Nurs Philos. 2004;5:230–41.[PubMed]
26. Weis D, Schank MJ. An instrument to measure professional nursing values. J Nurs Scholarsh. 2000;32:201–4.[PubMed]
27. Ottawa: Canadian Nursing Association; 2008. Canadian Nursing Association. Code of ethic for registered nurse in Canada; p. 64.
28. Verpeet E, Casterle BD, Arend AV, Gastmans CA. Nurses’ views on ethical codes: A focus group study. J Adv Nurs. 2005;51:188–95.[PubMed]
1. Condon BB, Hegge M. Human dignity: A cornerstone of doctoral education in nursing. Nurs Sci Q. 2011;24:209–14.[PubMed]
2. Shahriari M, Mohammadi E, Abbaszadeh A, Bahrami M. Nursing ethical values and definitions: A literature review. Iran J Nurs Midwifery Res. 2013;18:1–8.[PMC free article][PubMed]
3. Matiti M, Cotrel-Gibbons E, Teasdale K. Promoting patient dignity in healthcare settings. Nurs Stand. 2007;21:46–52. quiz 54. [PubMed]
4. Ebrahimi H, Torabizadeh C, Mohammadi E, Valizadeh S. Patients’ perception of dignity in Iranian healthcare settings: A qualitative content analysis. J Med Ethics. 2012;38:723–8.[PubMed]
5. Haddock J. Towards further clarification of the concept ‘dignity’ J Adv Nurs. 1996;24:924–31.[PubMed]
6. Berglund B, Anne-Cathrine M, Randers I. Dignity not fully upheld when seeking health care: Experiences expressed by individuals suffering from Ehlers-Danlos syndrome. Disabil Rehabil. 2010;32:1–7.[PubMed]
7. Shaw HK, Degazon C. Integrating the core professional values of nursing: A profession, not just a career. J Cult Divers. 2008;15:44–50.[PubMed]
8. Jacobs BB. Respect for human dignity: A central phenomenon to philosophically unite nursing theory and practice through consilience of knowledge. ANS Adv Nurs Sci. 2001;24:17–35.[PubMed]
9. Lam KK. Dignity, respect for dignity, and dignity conserving in palliative care. HKSPM Newsletter. 2007;3:30–5.
10. Hill SR, Tollerud TR. Restoring dignity in at-risk students. Sch Couns. 1996;44:122–32.
11. Feldmann LJ. Classroom civility is another of our instructor responsibilities. College Teaching. 2001;49:137–40.
12. Salmani N, Amirian H. Comparison between nursing students and trainers viewpoints about clinical education environment in Islamic Azad University of Yazd, in the year 2006. Strides Dev Med Educ. 2006;3:11–8.
13. Oermann MH. Vol. 6. Springer Publishing Company; 2008. Annual Review of Nursing Education: Clinical Nursing Education.
14. Campbell L. Effects of Implementing the Discipline with Dignity Classroom Management Model on the Number of Discipline Referrals in K-2 Classrooms in a Mid-Southern State: Union University. 2006
15. Jacelon CS, Connelly TW, Brown R, Proulx K, Vo T. A concept analysis of dignity for older adults. J Adv Nurs. 2004;48:76–83.[PubMed]
16. Vaismoradi M, Parsa-Yekta Z. Iranian nursing students’ comprehension and experiences regarding evaluation process: A thematic analysis study. Scand J Caring Sci. 2011;25:151–9.[PubMed]
17. Griffin-Heslin VL. An analysis of the concept dignity. Accid Emerg Nurs. 2005;13:251–7.[PubMed]
18. Mains ED. Concept clarification in professional practice-dignity. J Adv Nurs. 1994;19:947–53.[PubMed]
19. Clark J. Defining the concept of dignity and developing a model to promote its use in practice. Nurs Times. 2010;106:16–9.[PubMed]
20. Kolanko KM, Clark C, Heinrich KT, Olive D, Serembus JF, Sifford KS. Academic dishonesty, bullying, incivility, and violence: Difficult challenges facing nurse educators. Nurs Educ Perspect. 2006;27:34–43.[PubMed]
21. Clark C. Student perspectives on faculty incivility in nursing education: An application of the concept of rankism. Nurs Outlook. 2008;56:4–8.[PubMed]
22. Caza BB, Cortina LM. From insult to injury: Explaining the impact of incivility. Basic Appl Soc Psych. 2007;29:335–50.
23. Clark CM, Olender L, Cardoni C, Kenski D. Fostering civility in nursing education and practice: Nurse leader perspectives. J Nurs Adm. 2011;41:324–30.[PubMed]
24. Baillie L. Patient dignity in an acute hospital setting: A case study. Int J Nurs Stud. 2009;46:23–37.[PubMed]
25. Stievano A, Marinis MG, Russo MT, Rocco G, Alvaro R. Professional dignity in nursing in clinical and community workplaces. Nurs Ethics. 2012;19:341–56.[PubMed]
26. Baillie L, Ford P, Gallagher A, Wainwright P. Nurses’ views on dignity in care. Nurs Older People. 2009;21:22–9.[PubMed]
27. Whittemore R, Knafl K. The integrative review: Updated methodology. J Adv Nurs. 2005;52:546–53.[PubMed]
28. Fahrenwald NL, Bassett SD, Tschetter L, Carson PP, White L, Winterboer VJ. Teaching core nursing values. J Prof Nurs. 2005;21:46–51.[PubMed]
29. Kalb KA, O’Conner-Von S. Ethics education in advanced practice nursing: Respect for human dignity. Nurs Educ Perspect. 2007;28:196–202.[PubMed]
30. Khademi M, Mohammadi E, Vanaki Z. Nurses’ experiences of violation of their dignity. Nurs Ethics. 2012;19:328–40.[PubMed]
31. Lawless J, Moss C. Exploring the value of dignity in the work-life of nurses. Contemp Nurse. 2007;24:225–36.[PubMed]
32. Hanifi N, Soroor P, Soodabeh J. Nursing challenges in motivating nursing students through clinical education: A grounded theory study. Nurs Res Pract 2012. 2012 161359. [PMC free article][PubMed]
33. Akhtar-Danesh N, Baumann A, Kolotylo C, Lawlor Y, Tompkins C, Lee R. Perceptions of professionalism among nursing faculty and nursing students. West J Nurs Res. 2013;35:248–71.[PubMed]
34. Yalden BJ, McCormack B. Constructions of dignity: A pre-requisite for flourishing in the workplace? Int J Older People Nurs. 2010;5:137–47.[PubMed]
35. Hanifi N, Parvizi S, Jolaee S. The role of clinical instrutor in clinical trainning motivation of nursing students; A qualitative study. Iranian J Nurs Res. 2012;7:23–33.
36. Washington, DC: ERIC Clearinghous; 1998. American Association of Colleges of Nursing. The Essentials of Baccalaureate Education for Professional Nursing Practice; pp. 1–55.
37. Gallagher A. Dignity and respect for dignity-two key health professional values: Implications for nursing practice. Nurs Ethics. 2004;11:587–99.[PubMed]
38. Jacobson N. Dignity and health: A review. Soc Sci Med. 2007;64:292–302.[PubMed]
39. Baillie L, Gallagher A, Wainwright P. London: Published by Royal College of Nursing; 2008. Defending Dignity: Challenges and Opportunities for Nursing; pp. 1–62.
40. Mann J. Dignity and health: The UDHR's revolutionary first article. Health Hum Rights. 1998;3:30–8.[PubMed]
41. 2nd ed. Washington DC: American Nurses Pub; 1998. American Nursing Association. Standards of Clinical Nursing Practice; pp. 1–185.