10 months ago .
The SBI PO Mains exam is right around the corner. And after the Mains Paper comes the Descriptive Test. The Descriptive Test is a 30 minute long paper worth 25 mark. You must have prepared your syllabus for the Mains paper by now. Hopefully, though, you haven’t been neglecting the practise for your SBI PO 2017 Descriptive Paper. In any case, here are a few expected Essay Topics for SBI PO Descriptive Paper 2017. These Expected Essay Topics for SBI PO Descriptive Paper will help you streamline your preparation.
Download this as PDF
The Descriptive Paper will test you on both your Essay Writing and Letter Writing skills. You will have about 15 minutes to write your essay. It will be administered to you directly after the Mains Paper. You will have to type out your Essay and Letter directly on to the computer. So make sure you are proficient with computers.
Before You Start with these SBI PO Essay Topics
Given below are a few expected essay topics for SBI PO Descriptive paper 2016. These are, therefore, topics that you can expect to encounter in the exam. Take a look at these articles before you start off with these topics, however.
Previous Years' Essay Topics in SBI PO Descriptive Paper
SBI PO Essay Tips for 2017 Descriptive Paper
Sample Essays for SBI PO Descriptive Paper - Part I
Sample Essays for SBI PO Descriptive Paper - Part II
Reasons Why SBI PO Descriptive Paper is Easy
Expected Essay Topics for SBI PO Descriptive Paper 2017
- Impact and Scope of GST Bill in India.
- Demonetization and its Consequences.
- The bane of NPAs in the country.
- The Current Picture of Women Empowerment in India.
- Gauge the Success of Swatchh Bharat Abhiyan.
- Ambit and Expansion of Aadhaar Card’s Scope in India.
- Consolidation of Small Banks and their Implications on Work Force.
- Can RTI eradicate corruption? If yes, then why did so many major scams take place in the past years?
- Do you think decentralization is better than centralization? If yes, then explain how.
- Do political parties have a role to play in communal riots? If yes then explain how can this be controlled?
- Reservation: A Social Boon or Bane?
- Evaluate the impact of Multi-brand retail on Indian economy.
- Comment on direct and indirect benefits of Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) to companies.
- Explain how affordable and quality education can help in nation building.
- Why do private banks reap more profit ratio than public sector banks?
- Assess the role of sports activities on the economy of a country.
- Discuss OROP and its feasibility.
- What is the best way for the country to be rid of the menace of sexual harassment of women?
Once you finish preparing these topics thoroughly, check out these topics from previous years’ SBI PO Mains exam along with sample essays to get a more accurate picture of the exam.
The SBI PO main 2017 exam consists of two parts - an Objective Paper (Reasoning Ability, Quantitative Aptitude, English Language, General Awareness etc.) & a Descriptive Paper. Descriptive Section consist of two topics a Letter & an essay within an internal choice of 3-4 questions. To clear out the exam it is very important to clear the objective section as well as Descriptive. So, today are sharing some of the current topics for Essays & Letters which can be asked in the upcoming bank exams.
The Descriptive section judges your writing skill on both essays & letters. Descriptive section consist of 50 marks & will be conducted in an online mode only. The descriptive paper of only such candidates will be assessed who secure a minimum qualifying mark in the objective test. The time allotted to descriptive paper is 30 minutes.
Here is a list of topics that you must be well-versed with in order to score high marks in this section -
- Ransomware emerges as biggest global cyber security threat after WannaCry attack. Comment
- Foreign investment in insurance sector & it's ways to increase insurance penetration
- Pros & Cons of Trade on Silk road.
- Snapdeal sale to flipkart a done deal?
- Are Generic Medicines exactly the same as original brand of medicine? They are helpful in what ways.
- Comment on Judicial inefficiency in the country
- Warming from Arctic Ice Melting more dramatic than thought?
- How Successful is the E-banking in the country?
- South Asian diplomacy lifts off on 2230-kg ISRO satellite GSAT-9.
- Ambit and Expansion of Aadhaar Card’s Scope in India.
- What impact does a higher non-farm payroll have on the forex market?
- NITI Aayog: Objectives & Composition on new term to create new India
- Red Beacon Ban: Every Indian is a VIP.
- How effective is 5th Bi-monthly Monetary Policy.
- Is Future of IPL (Still a gentleman's game?)
- Lok Sabha passes Finance Bill, 2017 - this is why India need to freak out.
- What Does Yogi Adityanath Mean for Indian Politics?
- Did Justin Bieber actually only lip sync at the Mumbai concert? If yes, what are your views about it?
- BHIM app is destined to change how Indians pay.
- How Digi Dhan Yojna & Digi Dhan Mela to encourage cashless transactions?
Here are few other important topics which were asked previously in the exam:
- Is election commission right in banning election symbols during casting of votes?
- Roll of uneducated people in Indian Economy.
- Is presidential form of government is suitable for India?
- Benefits of Mutual fund investments.
- Suggestions to alleviate unemployment problem.
- Role of newspapers in influencing society or youth.
- Role of effective credit rating.
- Economic importance of tourism.
- Banking Risk and Management.
- Is generation gap a myth?
Below topics are important for upcoming descriptive test as these are related to current affairs happening around us :
- Write a letter to Branch Manager of your bank complaining him about the fake currency notes of new denomination of Rs.2000 and Rs. 500 , which you have received from ATM.
- Write a letter to Divisional Manager to claim Money on a policy which is matured.
- Write a letter to your Bank Manager explaining him about the online theft happened with you on that bank’s debit card.
- Write a letter to your younger brother explaining him about the benefits of Goods and Services Tax that is going to be levied on country.
- Write a letter to your uncle , who is a farmer explaining him about the Government schemes and resources available for farmers and rural people that he can use for his benefit.
- Write a letter to your Friend explaining him about the positive impacts of demonetization on India.
Go through the following list of topics , which are very important for descriptive part of upcoming exams -
- Write a letter to the Branch Manager for availing overdraft facility.
- Write a letter to your brother who is staying in a boarding college.
- Letter to the bank for stop making payment.
- Write a letter to the Bank Manager seeking time for payment of EMI.
- Write a Letter to the Regional Manager of Bank requesting for a loan for further studies.
- A newspaper has published an article that defames somebody you know. Write a letter to the editor of that newspaper explaining what details were wrong in the article. Your letter should also suggest what the editor should do about the article.
- A letter to Complaint Letter : Being a customer of a so and so bank, you have to write a complaint letter to the Bank Manager about the negligence / irresponsibility of the employees.
Following topics we have not covered in detail , but are important for the descriptive exam :
- Write a letter to Bank Manager to apologize for delay in payment of your EMI
- Write a letter to your friend for congratulating him on his success in Civil Services.
- Write a letter to your friend asking him to share some tips with you of his success in Bank examination.
- Write a letter to Bank Manager for closing your account in the bank.
- You are withdrawing money from ATM but the ATM turn out to be malfunctioned. So, money didn't come out but deducted from account. Write a letter to bank manger for refund.
- A letter to bank for applying educational loan providing all particulars.
- A letter to friend for encouraging and wishing him for civil service examination which he is writing for the third time.
- A letter to editor for publishing some articles on stress management since these are exam season.
- Letter to Branch manager to add your daughter's name as a second nominee for your savings account.
- Letter to your friend to avoid junk food and inform her/him about its bad consequences.
- Write a letter to your friend explaining him your retirement plan.
- Write a letter to a client of your bank who got a car loan from you 2 years ago and has sold it now without paying the load.
- Write an application to branch manager as you have lost your receipt of term deposit which matures in next week asking him what steps needs to be taken next.
- Write a letter to a friend who has got scholarship to study in abroad but is not willing to go as he is a single child of his parents.
- Write a letter to the Airlines Authority that you have left your cabin bag yesterday in the flight.
- You completed B.com (Banking & Insurance). Write an unsolicited letter to bank manager for the job.
- Letter to the Editor about Air Pollution and giving some suggestions.
- Write a letter to a letter to client as Manager to help him close his savings account.
- Write a letter to the newspaper regarding loan easiness.
- Write a letter to the bank manger reporting him about missing of debit card.
- Write a letter to the higher authority of your bank to give promotion on the basis of your efficiency and loyalty as you have given 24 years of service to the bank
Preparation Tips & Important Instructions
Following are some key instructions & tips to help you prepare well for the Descriptive Section of your SBI PO main exam:
1. Duration of the Descriptive Exam will be of 30 minutes, and it would carry 50 marks in total.
2. Since this test would be conducted online, your typing speed matters a lot. For this purpose, we suggest that you practice writing essays etc online.
3. You can not mention your real name, address or roll number anywhere, while writing the answers.
4. Your answers should be clear, brief and precise. It is essential that you write grammatically correct sentences and meaningful passages, even if you have to write simple, short sentences.
5. To ensure that you make least amount of errors while writing, it is advisable that you go through what you have written, once you finish attempting the paper. Many a times, you will be able to spot errors while reading out your own answers.
6. Descriptive test of only those candidates will be checked who clear section cut-offs of each subsidiary section of the objective paper, along with the overall cut-off.
7. It is important that you prepare this section with as much seriousness as you prepare different section of the Objective Paper, because the marks scored in the descriptive section account in your final selection.
To boost your preparation for SBI PO Main, BOB Manipal PO & Dena Bank PO 2017 Exam, gradeup has launched (Tough) Main Tests Pack based on latest pattern. The 1st test of SBI PO Main is free and can be attempted through Below link:
SBI PO Main 15 High Level Mock Tests on latest Pattern - Attempt Now
BOB Manipal PO Test Series in Hindi & English - Subscribe Here
Bank of Baroda Manipal PO Test Series for Prelim & Main Exam, Two Free Tests - Subscribe Here
DENA BANK PO Test Series in Hindi & English, One Free Test - Attempt Here